Select country...

Select country...

Select country...

Select country...


Top 2 Money Transfer Providers for USA to Poland

Provider Amount Received Fee Exchange Rate Speed
OFX (US) OFX (US) PLN zł 38,018.77 No Fee 3.8019 1-4 days more...
Venstar Venstar PLN zł 38,281.32 £0.00 3.8281 1-3 days more...
FXcompared Country Guides
See all guides here
The dollar, the world’s most traded currency, is held on a free-float exchange rate and is fully convertible to foreign currencies Read More
The Polish zloty (PLN) is a fully convertible free floating currency, and few restrictions apply to international money transfers to Poland or transferring money out of Poland Read More
See all guides here How we make money / Advertising Disclosure

Top 2 Money Transfer Providers

Latest prices for transferring money from USA to Poland
Exchange Rates as of 27 December 2019, 06:35


Est. 1998

OFX provides secure and speedy international money transfers to over 300,000 people in 55 currencies at better-than-bank rates.

More InfoLess Info
Amount Received
PLN zł 38,018.77
USD $174.52
saved vs. banks


Est. 1990
Established in 1990, Venstar is a worldwide leader in Foreign Exchange Payments and Services.
More InfoLess Info
Amount Received
PLN zł 38,281.32
USD $242.52
saved vs. banks
Notify me when rates change
Get free rate alerts

Currency Converter


How to Transfer Money from USA to Poland

Daniel Webber
Summary written by Daniel Webber


The United States and Poland, part of the European Union (EU), both benefit from one of the largest two-way trading relationships in the world. Along with substantial trade and investment relations, the two countries also work together on a variety of global and local initiatives which support humanitarian issues, environmental regulations, and global safety throughout the world. Currently, there is no limit for American citizens and businesses who wish to trade USD to PLN and transfer money from USA to Poland.

Visas, work permits and residency

American citizens planning to visit Poland for less than 90 days do not need a visa. For American citizens who plan to work in Poland either temporarily or permanently, a work visa or residency permit is required. There are a number of visas and stay permits for visiting Poland. For more details and requirements, please refer to the Polish Consulate website.

Buying property in Poland

To purchase property in Poland, American citizens are required to obtain permission from the Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji (Ministry of Interior and Administration). There are circumstances that allow for property purchases without this permission, however.

To avoid the permission requirement, a US citizen must prove that the property is for residential purposes and that it meets certain size requirements; that they have been permanent residents of Poland for at least five years, or are married to a Polish citizen, have been a resident for at least two years, and will hold the property jointly with their spouse. US citizens can also avoid the permission requirement by inheriting the property. If the permission requirement cannot be avoided, the US citizen must apply for permission with the Warsaw municipality office and pay a stamp duty by wire transfer to the office's account.

The property purchase must include an application to the Urząd Dzielnicy Mokotów m. st. Warszawy (Warsaw municipality office), along with the property details, documents proving any connection to Poland, and the original payment confirmation. The buyer must prepare their own application, as Poland has no real estate template for purchasing property. Once all legal steps have been taken, the buyer can then arrange to transfer money from USA to Poland for their real estate purchase.

Studying in Poland

American citizens who wish to study in Poland for less than 90 days do not need a study visa. For study programs that last longer than three months, however, a study visa may be required. All foreign students are also required to purchase health insurance while studying in Poland. There are currently no restrictions in place for American students who wish to send money to Poland to help fund their education.


American residents living abroad must declare their earnings and file tax forms annually. Currently, the US and Poland have a tax treaty agreement in place, meaning US citizens can receive credit via a foreign income tax offset for any taxes paid in Poland. Polish citizens and residents pay taxes on all income earned in Poland or abroad, whereas foreign residents of Poland pay taxes only on the income earned in Poland. For US citizens who wish to transfer money from USA to Poland to pay for taxes, there are no restrictions on making an international funds transfer to Poland at this time.


American citizens who are planning to travel in Poland are strongly recommended to take out a travel insurance policy or acquire a short-term health policy.

Polish health care is modeled on a general health insurance system. Polish citizens and residents are covered by this health insurance system, with subsidized services provided through this system, as well. All Polish citizens, residents, and employees of Polish companies are required to be insured under either the Polish health insurance system, or to take out private health insurance. If working for a non-Polish company in Poland, it is recommended that an extra health insurance policy be purchased to cover any health services needed.


US citizens living in Poland are eligible to vote by absentee ballot in American presidential, general, and primary elections. They must first register for absentee balloting with the last state precinct in which they voted, and will then receive absentee ballot by email.

Importing from USA to Poland

The United States and Poland, which joined the European Union in 2004, have one of the largest two-way trading relationships in the world. US dollar to Polish Zloty trade and two-way transatlantic goods and services were valued at approximately $2.7 billion per day in 2012. The US and Poland, as part of the EU, work together on a variety of global and local initiatives which support increased trade, investment, and global safety throughout the world. The latest of these initiatives is the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, a trade and investment agreement between the US and the Eurozone countries, which seeks to reduce tariffs and trade regulations. Combined, the EU countries rate as the 2nd largest imports market for the US, with a value of $262.3 billion in 2013. US imports to the combined EU countries accounted for 16.6% of overall US imports in 2013, and foreign direct investments and money transfers totaled $2.2 trillion in 2012.

Our Country Guides

Your Feedback

We welcome all suggestions for improvements. Send us an email at is an fx money comparison site for international money transfer and to compare rates from currency brokers for sending money abroad. The website and the information provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer, solicitation or advice on any financial service or transaction. None of the information presented is intended to form the basis for any investment decision, and no specific recommendations are intended.  FXC Group Ltd and FX Compared Ltd does not provide any guarantees of any data from third parties listed on this website. FX compared Ltd expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from (i) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (ii) any action resulting therefrom.