In these terms and conditions, "we" and "us" means fxcompared.com, which is a service created and operated by FX Compared Ltd (registered in England and Wales with company number 5881052) whose registered address is Suite 1, 1st Floor, 1 Duchess Street, W1W 6AW, United Kingdom. We operate the fxcompared.com site.
FX Compared Ltd does not offer financial advice in any form. We provide an independent comparison of the best value services offered by money transfer providers. The services that we provide are not a regulated activity and we are not regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
If you have any questions or concerns about this site or the services we offer please contact us at email@example.com.
You should also read the following additional terms which will also apply to your use of our sites:
- Purpose of our site
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely and we do not in any way provide you with specific commercial, financial, investment, accounting or tax advice. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Our site has been designed to enable you to compare third party money transfer providers and other FX brokers (“Transfer Providers”). When you input your transmission details we will provide you with detailed information on the various options and methods to find you the best deal when sending money abroad. All of our Transfer Providers are asked to submit detailed information relating to their business practices and operations, and we ask them to provide confirmation that they are regulated by the relevant regulatory authorities administered in the country in which the Transfer Providers provide their services. We offer no recommendations or advice in relation to specific rates offered by our Transfer Provider but we may recommend a particular Transfer Provider based on the level of service and performance received from that Transfer Provider in the past and to other users. Click for further information about how fxcompared.com operates.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site, including, without limitation, rates shown by Transfer Providers, is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- Please note that when you select a quote we will email you to confirm the quote including details relating to the selected Transfer Provider. If, for any reason, the selected Transfer Provider cannot process your transfer request, for example they may not have obtained the authorisation to transfer money in certain countries or are unable to register you, we may email to let you know.
- Eligibility to use the site.
- Access to the site and content
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. We will endeavour to maintain the site and the service provided through it, and allow uninterrupted access to the site. However, we may need to temporarily suspend, restrict or terminate the service from time to time for operational reasons without notice (eg. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades). We shall endeavour to restore the service as soon as possible after any suspension. Notwithstanding this, no guarantees are given as to the availability of this site. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time for any period.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute, suspend or remove without notice any information or service on the site from time to time. You are deemed to accept such amendments by your continued use of the site.
- Using our service
- The site is made available to our users free of charge. We receive a commission from the Transfer Providers which is calculated according to the number of users that we redirect to the Transfer Providers and who subsequently go on to place money transfer orders.
- We provide a comprehensive and detailed source of information comparing a wide range of products available for remitting money worldwide. These reports and articles are provided for information purposes only. We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the information, reports and articles made available on the site.
- We grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence to use the software on our server to access and collect information from the websites of third party providers as permitted by use of our service.
- Using our service allows you to access software on our server which you are licensed to use, to obtain information held on our site or from the websites of third party providers. You acknowledge and agree that when you access and collect information from the third party sites using our software, you do so on your own behalf and that you have not appointed us to act as your agent. We simply make our service and software available to you, by which you may access collated information from third party sites.
- You may only use the service for lawful purposes, and in particular, you may not use the service in breach of copyright or other intellectual property rights, or to transmit defamatory, offensive or abusive material.
- We may provide new or additional services through the site from time to time. Your use of those services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which you must comply with. Those terms shall be notified to you on the site and any failure by you to you comply with them will amount to a breach of this agreement. By continuing to use our site you are deemed to accept such additional terms.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws, trademark laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and for any non-commercial purpose. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- When you use any of the material which is on our site it must always be acknowledged to FX Compared Ltd.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or from our licensors.
- Authorisation to reproduce any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
- No part of the site may be reproduced on, or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system, other than where prior written consent is given by us.
- All rights in the fxcompared.com trade mark are owned by FX Compared Ltd. Other product and company names mentioned on this site are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this site grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, trade names, service marks or logos displayed on this site without the written permission of FX Compared Ltd.
- License to FX Compared
- By uploading, posting, transmitting, sharing, or otherwise making available to us any information or content, or submitting any materials for use on the site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us or any assignees a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully-paid, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, sublicense, translate, reformat, create derivative work(s) or adaptation(s) from, and distribute such information, content, and/or materials.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities.
- Limitation of liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with your use of this site, including the services offered on this site.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- If you are a business user our total liability to you will in no circumstances exceed £1,000.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Nothing in this clause will restrict or limit your general obligation at law to mitigate a loss you may suffer or incur, or if you are a business user, that your business may suffer or incur, as a result of an event that may give rise to a claim under this clause.
- Linking to our site
- You may link to our home page but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Creating or maintaining any link from another web site to any page on this site without our prior written permission is prohibited. Running or displaying this site or any information or material displayed on this site in frames or through similar means on another site without our prior written permission is prohibited. Any permitted links to this site must comply with all applicable laws, rule and regulations.
- Changes to these terms We have the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities. You will be subject to the policies and terms in force at the time that you access and use our site, unless any change to those policies or these terms is required by law or government or regulatory authority in which case it will apply to requests you have previously placed that we have not yet fulfilled.